• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paper Shuffle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Red1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Florida
Last January the parent company of the newspaper I work for froze my departments pensions and "joined" our department with a subsiderary of our parent company which doesn't have a pension plan. Although we were joined together with a department that does similar work in the subsiderary, we still function and provide service the exact same way as before we were joined, providing services to the same internal clients, we're still in our original room, desks, etc. etc. Absolutely nothing has changed except for the fact that there's no longer pension contributions. Additionally, we have to account for every minute on our job logs, which the other department doesn't have to do and also the other department is permitted to take days off with pay when work is slow. Is someone getting away with something here?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nope. An employer is allowed to change their benefit plan unless you have a bona fide contract that says otherwise, and if they want to require your department to account for all their time and not require other departments to do so, that's perfectly legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">