• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paramedic booted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

medicmom

Why? I'm sad and lost..I got fired 3 days ago..I dont know why and I dont know what to do..I have a wonderful work record up untill last week i got stuck with a dirty needle and the Pt has hepititis c and i have to have follow up for 6 weeks. i went to work early we had a peer review meeting that went great..Than I go to ems garage and I'm called in the office to be told they no longer need my services . Is that ok?

A

Attorney_Replogle

If the state you work in has an at-will policy, then based on what you wrote, your termination was lawful. An at-will policy means that the employer can terminate you at any time, with or without a reason. The employee can quit at any time, with or without a reason.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">