• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental kidnapping during a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neevale

Residing in idaho but prior 6 months residence in texas.

My brothers have been kidnapped by their mother and she has fled across state lines with them. Idaho code shows that she needs the consent of their father to leave the state and he has not given consent. They are currently going through divorce and papers are already filed. We have contacted the police and they say they dont know what to do and dont think they can interfere because they are still married. They said they would call us back and have not yet. Their mother has a active case against her in the state of texas with CPS prohibiting her from being alone with the boys and from liveing with them. The report also states her abuse of the boys she recently got out of the mental hospital for a break down she had where she threatened to kill the boys and fauther and burn the house down with them inside it.

Just Blue

Residing in idaho but prior 6 months residence in texas.

My brothers have been kidnapped by their mother and she has fled across state lines with them. Idaho code shows that she needs the consent of their father to leave the state and he has not given consent. They are currently going through divorce and papers are already filed. We have contacted the police and they say they dont know what to do and dont think they can interfere because they are still married. They said they would call us back and have not yet. Their mother has a active case against her in the state of texas with CPS prohibiting her from being alone with the boys and from liveing with them. The report also states her abuse of the boys she recently got out of the mental hospital for a break down she had where she threatened to kill the boys and fauther and burn the house down with them inside it.
Please have the father of the children sign up...Thanks.

Neevale

I would if i could. Unfortunately he is far to distrought to be of help right now so im doing some reaching out to help him because he feels too hopless to be doing much. Im posting this for him so i can pass it on to him and hope he listens to the advice.

Just Blue

I would if i could. Unfortunately he is far to distrought to be of help right now so im doing some reaching out to help him because he feels too hopless to be doing much. Im posting this for him so i can pass it on to him and hope he listens to the advice.
Unfortunately if he can't pull himself together enough to join this site and ask a question then he won't be able to take the legal steps necessary to get the kiddos home. He needs to hire an attorney to file for the children to be returned to Texas. He obviously can't do this pro se...so step 1 is hire an attorney.

Neevale

I appriciate the response. Im just worried about them and its hard to watch this all happen and be a helpless bystander to it. I can only do so much to push him where he needs to go.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
However, HE needs to be the one to take action. If he can't or won't? Then it is what it is. Your Dad really needs to pull himself together.

Just Blue

I appriciate the response. Im just worried about them and its hard to watch this all happen and be a helpless bystander to it. I can only do so much to push him where he needs to go.
Be harsh with him...Ask if the next time he see's the boys if he wants to give them a big hug or i.d. their bodies in the morgue. Because if what you say here is true the later is a real possibility.

Neevale

He is trying to get help. Going to police station in person now. And the risks are real and i know that thats why im trying to get the police to push a amber alert and get the boys help. Im 25 the boys are 13 and 9. She was able to take theb because we are residing in idaho but the case against her is in texas and idaho police and cps refuse to respect the orders of texas. So boise police forced us to let her leave with the boys on the grounds she dererves time to be alone with them and she just took off.

Neevale

We already have a attorney as well for the divorce. But they seem to nit know what to do either. At this point police say their hands are tied. So theres nothing we can do till she returns to texas. Which is where she is going it looks like by gps. Once she enters texas the police have the grounds to detain her and take the kids for violateing the order of CPS. So we have to wait. Another 15 hours till she will get to texas if she dosnt stop. She has been awake for 30+ hrs and driving for 12 hrs strait now without stopping except gas so wish us luck. Again thank everyone for help.

Just Blue

We already have a attorney as well for the divorce. But they seem to nit know what to do either. At this point police say their hands are tied. So theres nothing we can do till she returns to texas. Which is where she is going it looks like by gps. Once she enters texas the police have the grounds to detain her and take the kids for violateing the order of CPS. So we have to wait. Another 15 hours till she will get to texas if she dosnt stop. She has been awake for 30+ hrs and driving for 12 hrs strait now without stopping except gas so wish us luck. Again thank everyone for help.
Did you/ dad notify CPS that she has the children?

Just Blue

Dad did yes. They said they will take action as soon as they cross into texas.
On their authority an Amber Alert could have been issued. Has Dad asked why they didn't have the police do this? Is dad still too distraught to come and answer questions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">