• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in georgia. my husband and i adopted his niece. she has 3 major mental disorders and was in a mental hospital from feb to june this year. she is now in a group home. we want to give up our parental rights. she is a very sick little girl (she is 11 years old). she is suicidal and homicidal. she wants to kill herself, us and anyone else who will not let her have her way. she has been violent for several years now, it just keeps escalting. the hospitals have made her even worse. we cannot afford to pay for the care she so desperately needs. we cannot afford legal counsel either. but, she deserves to get help. we have done everything we can for her. we want to give custody over to the state. they have the means, facilities, and psychiatric care she needs. can you please help us in any way?


Senior Member

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential