• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Washington

I am wanting some advice on my options. I did hire a lawyer but he makes it sound like it is impossible to get parental rights taken away from my ex husband. My ex husband is very abusive and is a sexual deviant, and I don't want that for my kids and for me and my partner to have to deal with him either.

He has done many illegal things, including having an incestual relationship with his first cousin, soliciting prostitutes including prostitutes humanly trafficked from Asia to the US, he has sexually assaulted and abused me, he admitted to commiting voyeurism several times when he was growing up, and he harasses and threatens me (has harassed and threatened my partner) and uses the kids against me (for different things, like an example would be when my kids were visiting him recently, he was bullying me into sending money and I did twice but after that I stopped) he is mentally abusive to the kids and I don't know if he goes beyond that (but being that he is such a sexual deviant I would not be surprised if he would do something sexual to my kids), he moved to Mexico because that is where he is originally from and plus he doesn't want to pay childsupport, he knows it cannot be enforced there. And the only reason why I got my kids back last month, when they went to Mexico to visit him, was because I spoke to his mother. Otherwise, I was in the process of legal action to get my kids back. He lied to his mom and said he couldn't bring the kids back because of covid, however back in June I told him there were flights back.

I reported him to the police about his sexual crimes, and they should be able to prove he was frequenting a particular "massage parlor", where he solicited sex from humanly trafficked prostitutes, because he was going there until it got raided by the police and I know they had surveillance on that building, but so far the prosecutor has not said anything. If he got convicted, could that be grounds for him to be registered as a sex offender and if so, is that enough grounds to get parental rights taken away?

I am so done with this, how is this behavior ok?? I want him out of our lives, any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I am wanting some advice on my options. I did hire a lawyer but he makes it sound like it is impossible to get parental rights taken away from my ex husband. My ex husband is very abusive and is a sexual deviant, and I don't want that for my kids and for me and my partner to have to deal with him either.

He has done many illegal things, including having an incestual relationship with his first cousin, soliciting prostitutes including prostitutes humanly trafficked from Asia to the US, he has sexually assaulted and abused me, he admitted to commiting voyeurism several times when he was growing up, and he harasses and threatens me (has harassed and threatened my partner) and uses the kids against me (for different things, like an example would be when my kids were visiting him recently, he was bullying me into sending money and I did twice but after that I stopped) he is mentally abusive to the kids and I don't know if he goes beyond that (but being that he is such a sexual deviant I would not be surprised if he would do something sexual to my kids), he moved to Mexico because that is where he is originally from and plus he doesn't want to pay childsupport, he knows it cannot be enforced there. And the only reason why I got my kids back last month, when they went to Mexico to visit him, was because I spoke to his mother. Otherwise, I was in the process of legal action to get my kids back. He lied to his mom and said he couldn't bring the kids back because of covid, however back in June I told him there were flights back.

I reported him to the police about his sexual crimes, and they should be able to prove he was frequenting a particular "massage parlor", where he solicited sex from humanly trafficked prostitutes, because he was going there until it got raided by the police and I know they had surveillance on that building, but so far the prosecutor has not said anything. If he got convicted, could that be grounds for him to be registered as a sex offender and if so, is that enough grounds to get parental rights taken away?

I am so done with this, how is this behavior ok?? I want him out of our lives, any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Your matter is really too complex (and important) for this (or any) internet forum. You need to fully express your concerns to your attorney. If you feel that your attorney is not doing all that he could & should be doing, then it's time to find a new attorney. Really. This matter is much too important. Really.

Last edited:

PayrollHRGuy

Ending a parental relationship is tough. There are people in prison for murder, rape, and other terrible crimes whose parental rights haven't been severed.

It sounds like your ex hasn't even been arrested or charged with a crime. I tend to agree with your attorney and you should consider using him as your sole source of advice on the issue.

But keep one thing in mind. You are the person that chose to breed with this guy so you have to take some of the blame for putting your child in this position.

Just Blue

Are you married?

Your matter is really too complex (and important) for this (or any) internet forum. You need to fully express your concerns to your attorney. If you feel that your attorney is not doing all that he could & should be doing, then it's time to find a new attorney. Really. This matter is much too important. Really.
I spent money I don't have on this lawyer . I almost maxed out my credit cards. And apparently I make too much for low income help, which I don't understand because I am barely making enough to take care of myself and my kids, living pay check to pay check.

Zigner

I spent money I don't have on this lawyer . I almost maxed out my credit cards. And apparently I make too much for low income help, which I don't understand because I am barely making enough to take care of myself and my kids, living pay check to pay check.
Has the father been charged and convicted of any of the things you allege?

LdiJ

Are you court ordered to send the children to visit him in Mexico? Or are you doing it voluntarily?

Just Blue

Are you married?

Has the father been charged and convicted of any of the things you allege?
Unfortunately, no. Like I said the police should have footage of him frequenting that massage parlor, he was going frequently until the police raided it. And the police officer I spoke with said he gave the report to the prosecutor, but I haven't heard anything.

Zigner

Unfortunately, no. Like I said the police should have footage of him frequenting that massage parlor, he was going frequently until the police raided it. And the police officer I spoke with said he gave the report to the prosecutor, but I haven't heard anything.
There is no law against frequenting a massage parlor, and you have no proof that he participated in anything illegal while there.

PayrollHRGuy

There is no law against frequenting a massage parlor, and you have no proof that he participated in anything illegal while there.
She actually has no proof that he ever went to the massage parlor. Or at least none that she has shared here.

Then a TPR is very unlikely to happen without a step parent adoption...your partner is not a step-parent. Are you independently wealthy/very well off? With your own money not your partners.
What is a tpr? And no, we are both low income, and not yet living together

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">