• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parenting plan and custody order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Medguy1974

What is the name of your state? Washington

My ex wife and I did our divorce and custody order in Washington and since then I have moved to Oregon. My son decided to live with me and my new wife 2 years ago and my ex agreed so we filled out a new parenting plan. An unplanned surgery for my new wife came up and I just found the paperwork a week ago and realized I never processed it through the court. So I'm guessing I need to redo it but since my son now has lived in Oregon for 2 years where do I file? And do I need to file anything different?

Just Blue

My ex wife and I did our divorce and custody order in Washington and since then I have moved to Oregon. My son decided to live with me and my new wife 2 years ago and my ex agreed so we filled out a new parenting plan. An unplanned surgery for my new wife came up and I just found the paperwork a week ago and realized I never processed it through the court. So I'm guessing I need to redo it but since my son now has lived in Oregon for 2 years where do I file? And do I need to file anything different?
You file in Washington.

LdiJ

You should probably file it in the original state, Washington...because that is where the last order originated, and one of the parties to that order still lives there.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You should probably file it in the original state, Washington...because that is where the last order originated, and one of the parties to that order still lives there.
More importantly, that is where the case presently lives ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">