• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am a female living in Georgia. I am pregnant with my ex-boyfriends child and I am 100% sure that it is his. (I have had no relations with anyone else.) He is not being supportive at all, in any way, but claims that he will have legal rights when the baby is born. I do not want him to. Is there anyway I can stop him from having any? I wish I had never told him, but I can't change that now. He just keeps telling me to have an abortion, but then he goes on and on about his legal rights. I don't know what I can do!


Under the Radar Member
There's very little you can do. The time to decide you didn't want him to have parental rights was BEFORE you had sex with him. Now, if he files for a paternity test and is proven the father, he will have the right to fils for visitation or custody. You CANNOT cut him out unless you can prove he's a danger to the child. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential