• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parked car totaled, two drivers, insurance companies fighting and won't pay.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fcullen28

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My car was hit while parked outside of my home. Two parties were involved and both are pointing the finger at the other party. The insurance companies have been fighting for seven weeks while I have been patiently standing by. I am starting to become frustrated and immobile as my vehicle is not drivable. I am wondering if the insurance companies are obligated to reimburse me for this time that they have left me in limbo having to find my own way around at my own expense.

Warped

I'm not a lawyer!

I'm not positive but, won't your insurance company cover your car while they fight it out and then collect from the responsible party? If you aren't sure, call them up and ask! I personally wouldn't have waited more than a week before I went off on them. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">