• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parked in red

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janitastewart

What is the name of your state? My state is California. I am diabetic and I needed my insulin I parked in the red behind my RV and someone hit my car and RV from behind totalling my car and minor damage to RV. I was transported to hospital because of medical emergency. My wife was left at the scene. The OP had Indiana license and insurance but is currently a resident of Call and grows pot and his insurance company wants me to be 30% responsible but I was in a crisis and in the ICU for 3days. Is Indiana insurance company able to make the me partial at fault?

doucar

Is Indiana insurance company able to make the me partial at fault?
No, only if you agree, or a judge/jury in a trial says so. I assume you notified your own insurance company. Was the medical emergency a result of the accident or because of your diabetes? If it was not a result of the accident, I would turn this over to my insurance company and let them handle it.

adjusterjack

Is Indiana insurance company able to make the me partial at fault?
The other driver's insurance company is not your insurance company and owes you nothing unless and until a court of law says so and says how much.

Meantime, the other insurance company's claim rep is free to offer you as much or as little in an effort to get you to settle.

You do not have to accept the offer. You can use your collision coverage if you have it or you can sue the other driver for 100%. There really isn't any defense for hitting a parked car so you'd have a good chance of winning in spite of parking in the red zone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">