• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mobley

I live in a two bedroom apartment building in Los Angeles, CA. For seven years, we have two parking spots until one day the apartment manager decided to take away one parking spot from us stating that in the rental contract I only sign for one.

I have requested that since we live in two bedrooms, we have two cars, I guess it is just fair to give us two parking spots.

He said that he can't do that because there's no more spots left in the building. Until yesterday, I found out that he gave an extra parking spot to one of the tenants who happens to be his friend. His friend lives in a one bedroom apartment.

My question is this, I am planning to sue the manager for discrimination. Do I have a case here?

HomeGuru

mobley said:
I live in a two bedroom apartment building in Los Angeles, CA. For seven years, we have two parking spots until one day the apartment manager decided to take away one parking spot from us stating that in the rental contract I only sign for one.

I have requested that since we live in two bedrooms, we have two cars, I guess it is just fair to give us two parking spots.

He said that he can't do that because there's no more spots left in the building. Until yesterday, I found out that he gave an extra parking spot to one of the tenants who happens to be his friend. His friend lives in a one bedroom apartment.

My question is this, I am planning to sue the manager for discrimination. Do I have a case here?
**A: no, and you also do not have grounds for breach of contract since the 2nd parking stall was not agreed to in the lease. Depending upon how much notice was given to stop using the 2nd stall, L may be in violation for not giving ample notice to terminate a m/m oral contract on the use of this 2nd stall.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">