• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Lot Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Illinois

Recently our car was backed into at my husband's place of work. My husband was inside at the time and the lady drove off. There were two witnesses that seen the accident occur (both gave written statements), along with video tape evidence. Upon viewing the video tape this lady did not back into our car once or twice, but three times. Once confronted the lady denied ever hitting our car. She has also refused to exchange insurance info. with my husband. We have gotten a quote for damages but the lady will not turn it into her insurance company or pay for it out of her pocket. Instead her and her husband expect us to accomodate them and take the car over to Missouri so that he (her husband) may fix it himself. First off I am not comfortable with this because I do not trust them. Secondly why should we be expected to take our car all the way to Missouri when we have a place that is only 7 minutes away that will fix it. So my question is, do we have to comply with their terms if we want our vehicle fixed or is there something else we can do? Thank you to anyone who can offer us some advice.

Any police report?

If you filed a police report, they will gather insurance information from the other party and place it on the report. You are then allowed to get a copy of the report(which you should anyways) and then you can contact her insurance directly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential