• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gooddog

Hi, I was going in a parking lot from 1 stall across to the next I pulled out into the isle and a big truck was going fast towards my driver door he had to stop in order not to hit me. I parked and he took a picture of my plate said he was going to sue me for trauma because he had to stop suddenly. Is this possible? Thank you

LdiJ

Hi, I was going in a parking lot from 1 stall across to the next I pulled out into the isle and a big truck was going fast towards my driver door he had to stop in order not to hit me. I parked and he took a picture of my plate said he was going to sue me for trauma because he had to stop suddenly. Is this possible? Thank you
Anybody can sue for anything in this country. The question is whether or not they can win. I actually laughed out loud at that inane threat. I think a judge might laugh at him too.

FlyingRon

Anybody who is driving fast enough to cause himself trauma from a sudden stop is driving way too fast for conditions in a parking lot. One needs to expect things like doors opening, shopping carts rolling, and people driving across the stripes in parking lots.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">