• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking on a school lot at night

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michael smith

My son is 17 yrs old and was parked on his school parking lot one night after a ball game in a marked fire lane.
We live in Texas and when i got info from the court via mail it indicated the fine amount to be $275.00 because
he was in a school zone. I would like a chance to discuss this with the court because the letter also was mailed 5
days after it was typed and gave me 12 days from typed date to pay fine.
The car is in my name since my son is a minor. Since I
was not the driver can I plead not guilty and take my son to court with me, as a way to allow us to talk to the judge or is that a bad idea?

thanks
MIKE

H

hannah jo

You can contest the ticket by appearing in court by the date stated on the ticket. Before you do, I suggest you do a careful reading of the statute your som was charged with violating so you are aware of what the law allows and can adequately prepare any defense you may have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">