• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket in Kansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

edteach2u

What is the name of your state? Arkansas. I was visiting a relative in Kansas, and I parked on a side street in front of their house. I was about 18 inches from the curb and going the wrong direction. Instead of giving a warning I was given two parking tickets. I live in Arkansas and my DL and Reg. are from Arkansas. Can I ignore the parking ticket or does Arkansas reciprocate on Kansas Parking tickets?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Arkansas. I was visiting a relative in Kansas, and I parked on a side street in front of their house. I was about 18 inches from the curb and going the wrong direction. Instead of giving a warning I was given two parking tickets. I live in Arkansas and my DL and Reg. are from Arkansas. Can I ignore the parking ticket or does Arkansas reciprocate on Kansas Parking tickets?
Pay the tickets...really. You KNOW what you did was illegal.

edteach2u

Pay the tickets...really. You KNOW what you did was illegal.
I did not ask it I was in the right or wrong I asked if Arkansas reciprocates on parking tickets. If you don't know just don't post, I get it you don't have the expertise in this field.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I did not ask it I was in the right or wrong I asked if Arkansas reciprocates on parking tickets. If you don't know just don't post, I get it you don't have the expertise in this field.
It doesn't matter. You are legally required to pay them. You are on a legal forum. The correct (legal) answer is to pay the tickets. You're not going to get recommendations on how to skirt the law here.

Just Blue

Are you going to report everyone who give you legal reality? No one on this site will tell you how to break the law.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Licenses don't get suspended immediately over parking tickets.

However, if you do not pay in a timely fashion, the fines and fees go up. Way up. And eventually go to collections. Not great for your credit rating.

There could be a bench warrant.

There can eventually be a license suspension. Arkansas and Kansas are Compact States, meaning the states communicate about license suspensions.

edteach2u

But Arkansas is not the state the ticket was issued in. So how could a suspension be given by Kansas to another state lisc. ? I get that it could be given to a collection agency and they to can pound sand. I have never had a loan and own my home outright. Never needed credit. So who cares. Does Arkansas recognize parking tickets from another state? I would think not. Traffic tickets yes but parking? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">