• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was in a small va city, and received a parking ticket. It was dark and late, and I didn't notice any signes saying I couldn't park where I was. I decided to ignore the parking ticket since I didn't think I deserved it. I moved out of the state recently and continued to igonore the mailings about paying the parking ticket. I recently received a summons to appear in court about this one parking ticket. It was written in a way that implied if I didn't show up, I could be convicted of not showing up, and possible other criminal actions, unless of course I paid the ticket and the court costs. What could happen if I don't show up, could this lead to other criminal action, such as a warrant, or just simply end up being reported as bad credit?



Pay the ticket soon!

I am a Police Officer in PA., my only advice to you is that you take care of this right away before it turns into a warrant for your arrest. This kind of thing will not go away. If you do not pay or show up a warrant will be issued for your arrest. What this means is that your name will be entering into the NCIC computer that every police officer in the country is hooked up to. When and if you ever get pulled over for something minor it will then show you have a warrant for your arrest. You will then be handcuffed and placed under arrest. You will be booked into a jail until your presence in court. If you are from another city or state this may take days for them to transfer you. Why you say? Because you let a simple parking ticket get you arrested because you tought it would go away. I've seen this done plenty of times and tears at this point will not get you out of it. Please do you and me a favor and take care of this, this way I won't have to apologize when I have to take you in on this stupid thing. Call the court immediately and see if you may plead guilty by mail and pay the fine by mail. If you send by mail make sure you send it certified and registered so they have to sign for it. Also pay with a money order or a check and keep all reciepts with you for a while until you receive the reciept from them stating its taken care of. I wish you luck.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential