• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket, wrong color and no model on ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Londonstamford

So I received a street parking ticket in Stamford CT while at a buddy's house, never been ticketed before their, however signs may have been on street. Anyway parking ticket states the wrong color of the car and does not state the model of the car , only the make is on the ticket with the correct licence plate. Should I appeal and on what grounds.

adjusterjack

The make and correct license plate number is all it takes.

The rest is irrelevant.

And I'm guessing the officer has a record of the VIN as well.

I don't think there is a defense here but I don't think you have anything to lose by pleading not guilty and trying it.

quincy

So I received a street parking ticket in Stamford CT while at a buddy's house, never been ticketed before their, however signs may have been on street. Anyway parking ticket states the wrong color of the car and does not state the model of the car , only the make is on the ticket with the correct licence plate. Should I appeal and on what grounds.
Because you already read the thread from 2007, you know that a mistake in color is not going to get your ticket dismissed.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
...does not state the model of the car...
I have never seen a parking ticket in any jurisdiction that even allows a model name to be noted.

As you have been told, chance are you will get nowhere if you fight the ticket. I don't know how it works in Stamford but it probably can't hurt to try.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">