• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parole condition to stay away. get married?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My boyfriend is on Parole(high control) and one of his conditions is to stay away from me from an incident in 98. What is the process (if any) to get that removed? Should we get married? Can they keep us away from each other if we do that?Would that work? Or do we just have to wait until he is off of Parole? I have no restraining order or either does the court, it's just one of his conditions. He's afraid to talk to his Parole officer for fear of them knowing that he has contact. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. =)




I'm not an attorney or law student. Just someone with a similar experience. If the parole board found it necessary to order him to stay away from you, there must be a reason for it. How can you consider marriage? DO you really think that the abuse will stop. The only way for an abuser to change is by going into therapy for a while (not just a couple of sessions). I'm sure that he's extra nice right now, because he dosen't want to go back to jail. You need to stop seeing him and find someone that you can be with legally and will treat you well. TRUST ME! There are good men out there! Been married to one for a while. I wish you all the best. Stop it while you're young, before it's too late.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential