• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parole denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ldnnbllck

i'm from louisiana my brother has been in prison for 18 months now he recently went up for parole in july and was granted before he went up for parole he was wrote up by one of the gaurds where he is at a week before he was to be released they took his parole away and also 30 days of his good time he went up for parole again today and was denied there was only one person that voted to deny him nobody else on the panel said anything but that one person she cursed him didn't give him a chance to speak or nobody else for him can that be done

wenwas

i dont know about your state but in wisconsin a parole board can make any decision they want and for any reason they choose. sorry

C

CombatTN88

In mose cases, pardons are mostly denied until later. For murderers, pardon denials are always infinite.

Combat - re-read the question. Parole and pardon are 2 different things. Parole is early, conditional release from prison and is granted to even those convicted of murder. Pardon is a 'forgiving' of the crime and unconditional release.

This person could not have been convicted of murder, else they would not have been initially eligible for parole in less than 18 months, no matter what the state. In all likelihood, the conviction was for multiple DUI's or something of that sort; a felony, but seen as a 'lessor' felony.

Finally, this poster asked the same question twice, in 2 different postings. I answered the question that was actually asked on the other thread.

C

CombatTN88

Illinois Parent said:
Combat - re-read the question. Parole and pardon are 2 different things. Parole is early, conditional release from prison and is granted to even those convicted of murder. Pardon is a 'forgiving' of the crime and unconditional release.

This person could not have been convicted of murder, else they would not have been initially eligible for parole in less than 18 months, no matter what the state. In all likelihood, the conviction was for multiple DUI's or something of that sort; a felony, but seen as a 'lessor' felony.

Finally, this poster asked the same question twice, in 2 different postings. I answered the question that was actually asked on the other thread.
I know that PAROLE and PARDON are different things. I just typed fast, but when I referred Pardon, I meant PAROLE. I didn't say that this person was a convicted murderer, I was just giving an example on what parole decision might look like.

Regards, Combat

I know that PAROLE and PARDON are different things. I just typed fast, but when I referred Pardon, I meant PAROLE. I didn't say that this person was a convicted murderer, I was just giving an example on what parole decision might look like.
the above is a nonsensical explanation of an equally nonsensical initial response

In mose cases, pardons are mostly denied until later. For murderers, pardon denials are always infinite.
on top of being completely beside the point of the original question, both of the above statements are also wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">