• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole/probation violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sick and tired

I have a friend who was caught and arrested for vandalizing a car. He was already on probation for auto theft. Can you tell me what will happen to him now? I haven't been able to get in contact with him or anything so I'm really worried. If it helps, we live in Houston, Texas.

J

jd

Your friend will be held in jail, not only for the new charges but also for the violation of probation charges. Probation violations are no-bond offenses, meaning he cannot post a bondand be released pending his court appearances. He will beheld until the charges are resolved and he is re-sentenced for the original charges (the ones he was on probation for) as well as for the new charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">