• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole time /who is counting ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joe Siver

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Illinois
Can anyone tell me if parole time is always cut in half and if not or if so what determines that decision? Also, If parole time is complete, Is someone keeping track or do they need reminded to check it, (whoever they is) or will they just let you know when they are ready to let you out of jail . My son was arrested for reckless homicide last July and has been on Parole hold all of this time until yesterday where finally...The charge was dismissed but he remains in custody due to the parole hold, depending on your answers, I believe his time is complete for the parole and I dont know who is minding that shop. can anyone tell me?
Joe

seniorjudge

Joe Siver said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Illinois
Can anyone tell me if parole time is always cut in half and if not or if so what determines that decision? Also, If parole time is complete, Is someone keeping track or do they need reminded to check it, (whoever they is) or will they just let you know when they are ready to let you out of jail . My son was arrested for reckless homicide last July and has been on Parole hold all of this time until yesterday where finally...The charge was dismissed but he remains in custody due to the parole hold, depending on your answers, I believe his time is complete for the parole and I dont know who is minding that shop. can anyone tell me?
Joe
Q: Can anyone tell me if parole time is always cut in half and if not or if so what determines that decision?

A: Either the court or the board of probation and parole.

Joe Siver

Is there some way to find this out? Who is keeping track? What I really need to know I guess, is can I help my son as his advocate since he is locked up, or should I just sit tight and they will do what is supposed to be done?Thanks for the answer to the other question.
Joe Illinois

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Joe Siver said:
Is there some way to find this out? Who is keeping track? What I really need to know I guess, is can I help my son as his advocate since he is locked up, or should I just sit tight and they will do what is supposed to be done?Thanks for the answer to the other question.
Joe Illinois
The only way you can act as your son's advocate is to hire him an attorney unless you are an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">