• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parole

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ClassikGirl

My husband is seving a 4 year sentence in Texas. His original case was sexual assault of a child(14-17). The girl was 15, and sleeping with about 4 guys. They had had sex 3 times. He quits talking to her and she becomes obsessed. He was 19. they were both in High School. 3 months later she comes up to him in school and tells him shes pregnant. When he asks her what she wants to do about it she tells him there's nothing she can do. They had already gone to the police. He's arrested. They drop the charges, but the State picks them up. The girl then tells him that if he will marry her no questions asked she will recant everything. He refuses. He then gets sentence to 10yrs. probation. Before he is releasaed he gets in a fight and was accused of causeing bodily injuries. He is found not guilty, but the judge revoked his probation anyways. They fight it and he is released on shock probation 1 year later. The girl had had an abortion before him and now has at least 2 kids. He was on probation for about 2 years. He was perfect on probation, never missed a class and had double the amount of community service he was required already done. Anyways, 2 years later he gets picked up on a felony theft case. It involved a sting operation. He received 1 year state jail concurrent w/ 4 yr TDC sentence for revoking his probation. He had 25 letters of good characters for his plea bargain. He can get at least that many more for his parole hearing. He also takes care of his elderly grandmother. He also had 390 bact time from his first sentence. He is eligible for parole 12/29/200. Two years of his sentence including his back time will have been served. What can we do to help his chances of getting parole? He was a field represenative for a litigation support company and the whole office will do what they can too. Do we need to hire an attorney?
Please offer some helpful advise.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ClassikGirl:
My husband is seving a 4 year sentence in Texas. His original case was sexual assault of a child(14-17). The girl was 15, and sleeping with about 4 guys. They had had sex 3 times. He quits talking to her and she becomes obsessed. He was 19. they were both in High School. 3 months later she comes up to him in school and tells him shes pregnant. When he asks her what she wants to do about it she tells him there's nothing she can do. They had already gone to the police. He's arrested. They drop the charges, but the State picks them up. The girl then tells him that if he will marry her no questions asked she will recant everything. He refuses. He then gets sentence to 10yrs. probation. Before he is releasaed he gets in a fight and was accused of causeing bodily injuries. He is found not guilty, but the judge revoked his probation anyways. They fight it and he is released on shock probation 1 year later. The girl had had an abortion before him and now has at least 2 kids. He was on probation for about 2 years. He was perfect on probation, never missed a class and had double the amount of community service he was required already done. Anyways, 2 years later he gets picked up on a felony theft case. It involved a sting operation. He received 1 year state jail concurrent w/ 4 yr TDC sentence for revoking his probation. He had 25 letters of good characters for his plea bargain. He can get at least that many more for his parole hearing. He also takes care of his elderly grandmother. He also had 390 bact time from his first sentence. He is eligible for parole 12/29/200. Two years of his sentence including his back time will have been served. What can we do to help his chances of getting parole? He was a field represenative for a litigation support company and the whole office will do what they can too. Do we need to hire an attorney?
Please offer some helpful advise.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I wanted to respond to you, but then you said you wanted "helpful advice." So, I'll leave this one alone.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">