• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My boyfriend was sentenced 3 years for violation of probation. He has been serving his time since Jan. 99 He was elgible for parole Nov.15,99 On April 19, 2000 he was seen by a hearing officer and was told that he would be notified by the board soon and would be treated as a priority since they were so far behind on seeing him. The hearing officer recommened him for parole and told him what his parole restrictions would be. As of this date he has not heard anything and no one has come to see him yet. I have written several letters to the NJ state parole board and to the prison(east jersey state) and so has he and both of us have had no response. He has had no trouble while there and has been in several classes, and has accumulated good time. Is there any way to find out why he hasn't been seen yet?Who should I contact? Hopefully you can help, Thank you



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Never handle such matters on your own. Contact your state bar (i always recommend this as a starting point, because they are a wonderful source of information) and ask for a lawyer referral to someone who can help you find out information/help out with moving the case along.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential