• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

part 2 of 1st Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SSfamily

NO i am not trying to Kid Nap my step daughter and NO we dont need to use Candy! My Husband and his daughter have a close relationship BUT her mother does not want us to have the little girl DO to the fact she hasnt gotten over my husband and it has been 5 years! When i said about taking the Child without the mothers permission what i ment to say is When we go See the Child and all Is it legal to TELL the mother we are taking her (the Child) with us for an out of State visit. Nothing has been set up with courts as the mother has taken off not long after we finally get an Address and phone number to where the child is. NO ONE can give her papers as Her address is always in a diffrent state she NEVER tells us where or when she is moving untill she has moved and has gotten settled in. The Mother does not even have FULL custody. All i was wanting to know is if it was really legal to Just Tell the mother what we are going to do like she does to US the Child Wants to come to our house she has been telling us and her mother that and her mom keeps telling her " we will see" then off with the moving. That to me is no way to settle anything and if anyone is doing "harm" to the child it is her mother. Although i do admit the mother As far as we can tell has done a great job in raising the child but due to the fact she was never married to my husband we are told there are diffrent laws that we have to go by.

usmcfamily

If the mother hasn't got full custody then why hasn't your husband petitioned the courts for custody of his child (that would certainly avoid all of this, now, wouldn't it?)...that will be his next move...to find an attorney and start that ball rolling. If it is true that neither of them has legal custody then they both have equal rights to the child and he would be fully in his rights to go and collect his child - however if she calls the police and it gets ugly it may take a while to convince anyone of this so I would be sure to consult with your attorney first and have bail money ready.
What confuses me, though, is if you can admit she is a good mother - other than denying her ex access to the child - then why the plots??
I understand that this can be frustrating, but the fact is it is up to your husband - as the bio-parent - to seek his rights in a court of law and not by vigilateism....please please please get him in to an attorney BEFORE you guys do anything.

S

SSfamily

thanks for your reply and to clear a few things up we are NOT taking the child from her mother I had asked before if it was Legal to just go up and take the child even if her mother dosent want us to do that. I never said we wanted to just go up take the child and leave But due to a "friend" saying that we could and it would be legal i wanted to post a message asking if anyone knew Washington Laws as i do know that Just because a parent has Legal Custody of her child there are many loop holes in the system and many more other "custudy" laws. We are not asking for Custody we will settle for just visitation but the mother isn't corporating. (sp) . Anyway thank you for replying

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">