• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Part time H1 and small company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nottingham

What is the name of your state?MI

Hello,

I have a Master degree in Mechanical engineering and I am on grace period (after the OPT) now. There is a small company (9 employees) who is willing to hire me and sponsor my H1B visa. The company can not give me the work as a full time employee but they can give me the part time work.

(1)Can the company apply for the part time H1B visa? If so how many minimum hours I have to work as a part time. (The privilege wage in my area is 23 dollars). Can I work for less then 20 hours per week?
(2)Is company broacher really needed while applying for the H1 visa? It’s a minority business so company doesn’t have broacher or annual report? In that case what else could be provided?
(3) What date we can keep as a start date for the work?
(4) What are the chances of H1 visa approval if I didn’t work at all during the OPT period?

I will really appreciate your reply.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">