• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partial mention, hints of cable news network

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Los-Angeles

What is the name of your state? California, world wide
Working on mockumentary film release. At one point an "expert" says that "on the one hand C___ would be trying to cover up for the democrats, but on the other hand the Republicans are gone. So you can't blame them. I suspect that C___ would even blame higher taxes on global warming. " It's unclear whether he's talking about a TV network, newspaper, radio station or something else when it's partially bleeped out. I'm thinking of even only censoring it to the point that he says CN__. There's at least 2 TV networks that start with CN__. So I'm pondering what to do with that.

Also earlier in the film I have what is supposed to be TV coverage by a "dubious cable news network" that shows an apple in the bottom corner. Many people would recognize this as synonymous with a commercial that a cable news network once ran, comparing an apple to an orange (Just the facts, other people will try to convince you that this is a banana, etc). Also the colors of the graphics are the same colors used by this network. The scene mocks this network as being biased for covering up violence by cutting away to shots of people dancing. So I'm wondering if I'm treading on bad legal grounds to have the apple in there. Maybe I replace the apple with a banana.

quincy

What is the name of your state? California, world wide
Working on mockumentary film release. At one point an "expert" says that "on the one hand C___ would be trying to cover up for the democrats, but on the other hand the Republicans are gone. So you can't blame them. I suspect that C___ would even blame higher taxes on global warming. " It's unclear whether he's talking about a TV network, newspaper, radio station or something else when it's partially bleeped out. I'm thinking of even only censoring it to the point that he says CN__. There's at least 2 TV networks that start with CN__. So I'm pondering what to do with that.

Also earlier in the film I have what is supposed to be TV coverage by a "dubious cable news network" that shows an apple in the bottom corner. Many people would recognize this as synonymous with a commercial that a cable news network once ran, comparing an apple to an orange (Just the facts, other people will try to convince you that this is a banana, etc). Also the colors of the graphics are the same colors used by this network. The scene mocks this network as being biased for covering up violence by cutting away to shots of people dancing. So I'm wondering if I'm treading on bad legal grounds to have the apple in there. Maybe I replace the apple with a banana.
Your "disguises" don't work very well in disguising anything or anyone.

If the subjects of your commentary are identified by name, or identifiable by content or context, you must handle their reputations with care.

If you are going to comment on CNN, therefore, so that everyone will know who or what it is you are talking about anyway, you might as well just use CNN - but make sure your comments do not give CNN any reasons to sue.

Who is the "really ANAL lawyer" who runs this forum? Curious minds want to know.

Last edited:

Los-Angeles

Your "disguises" don't work to disguise anything or anyone. If you are going to comment on CNN, comment on CNN. Just make sure your comments do not give CNN reasons to sue.

Who is the "really ANAL lawyer" who runs this forum? Curious minds want to know.
I've moved on to other forumss. Had enough of snipe comments from an anal retent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">