• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

partially own dispute, what options do i have?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


New member
I booked international air tickets at agent's website online. I was trying to book one itinerary. but I realized it was incorrect booking. I believe there was an issue in the booking or i may have overlooked.
I spoke to agent on incorrect booking but denied to correct it. I am asked to pay penalties and re-book. I contacted credit card company and they told me that i can dispute and get refund.
Then i booked another one that has correct itinerary.
Agent and air liner split the amount into four and charged credit card. So i had to create 4 disputes. 3 disputes favored me and 1 dispute favored merchant. so partial refund. One dispute amount that is favored merchant is more than cancellation penalty. so its not helpful.
What are the options do i have now?
Last edited:


Senior Member, Non-Attorney
As per the credit statement it shows FL (i guess florida)
$2900 total. merchant favored dispute has $900
Review the terms of the purchase, as it's entirely possible that you are not entitled the to the $900 (or even the other amount). If you decide to sue, it will need to be where the vendor is located, and the vendor may file a counter-suit for the $2,000.


New member
from online search, the agent is from Canada based and airlines are in France.
As per the agent website, they have $750 (for multiple tickets) penalty on cancellation.
i was thinking it was booking error. i spoke to agent before booking and they were not having the itinerary that i was looking for at specific dates. Then i found right itinerary in their website and found one on different dates. but got wrong itinerary. Honestly i am not sure what happened. but my intention was clear on what i wanted. The travel yet to happen.
1. I thought its a fair act on credit card dispute. CC favored me 3 and 1 to merchant. I may not sue for the amount. what are the best option i have? can CC still help me on this?
2. Can i re open disputes? i sent information to CC and waiting for response.
3. Should i directly talk to air lines/agent ? Its getting complicated.


Senior Member
1) The CC company may be able to help you, call them and ask. I'd be curious as to why they didn't allow the 4th refund.
2) Only your CC company can answer this.
3) Probably not until you have exhausted all avenues with the CC co.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential