• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partition Fight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ylime55

My dad and step mother died. I am an only child and the executor if my dad’s estate; step brother is executor of my step mom’s estate. The Property is 50 acres w/ a house and a small store and I currently live there and pay all (huge$$) bills, including taxes. Dad got the property from a friend before marriage and built a house, business, and many other improvements, but did not put it in his name until 2 weeks after marriage. Dad’s will leaves everything to me. Step mother’s will gives her 1/2 of community property (even though it was dad’s for years and years before marriage) to her kids and the “rest of her estate” be split 3 ways equally between my dad and her 2 kids. Step brother filed partition suit. Step siblings think it’s 50/50 but Step mother had rent houses w/income of about $170k during marriage and dad remodeled and kept up during marriage. I need to fight partition and show they owe me contribution, etc. I do not want to sell or partition.
Yikes, help!

Just Blue

My dad and step mother died. I am an only child and the executor if my dad’s estate; step brother is executor of my step mom’s estate. The Property is 50 acres w/ a house and a small store and I currently live there and pay all (huge$$) bills, including taxes. Dad got the property from a friend before marriage and built a house, business, and many other improvements, but did not put it in his name until 2 weeks after marriage. Dad’s will leaves everything to me. Step mother’s will gives her 1/2 of community property (even though it was dad’s for years and years before marriage) to her kids and the “rest of her estate” be split 3 ways equally between my dad and her 2 kids. Step brother filed partition suit. Step siblings think it’s 50/50 but Step mother had rent houses w/income of about $170k during marriage and dad remodeled and kept up during marriage. I need to fight partition and show they owe me contribution, etc. I do not want to sell or partition.
Yikes, help!
What state?

LdiJ

Yikes, help!
You seriously need an attorney.

adjusterjack

Step brother filed partition suit. Step siblings think it’s 50/50 but Step mother had rent houses w/income of about $170k during marriage and dad remodeled and kept up during marriage. I need to fight partition and show they owe me contribution, etc. I do not want to sell or partition.
Agree with the other responses. Without a lawyer, you're toast.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">