• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

partitioning the court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigred52

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

Can an ex-wife force the ex-husband to sell their house by partitioning the

court. Ex-husband refuses to listen to any offers ( HIS family has money does not

want her to get any money) plenty of equity.

thank you

cyjeff

I assume you mean petitioning the court.

Partitioning the court would mean you would erect walls in an effort to make the courtroom a smaller space. That rarely happens in open court and never from the advice of a petitioner/partitioner.

You cannot make your ex sell the house. However, you CAN insist that he come up with the money for the house that he owes. Where that money comes from is not your concern.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

Can an ex-wife force the ex-husband to sell their house by partitioning the

court. Ex-husband refuses to listen to any offers ( HIS family has money does not

want her to get any money) plenty of equity.

thank you
**A: what do the instructions in the distibution of assets as part of the divorce state?
You could go to court and file for specific perfomance. If there was no plan to distribute, then you will need to file for partition.

HomeGuru

I assume you mean petitioning the court.

Partitioning the court would mean you would erect walls in an effort to make the courtroom a smaller space. That rarely happens in open court and never from the advice of a petitioner/partitioner.

**A: especially if the judge wants a bigger bench.

######
You cannot make your ex sell the house. However, you CAN insist that he come up with the money for the house that he owes. Where that money comes from is not your concern.

**A: not exactly true. Read my post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">