• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

partnership and rights to phone records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Laura in Utah

My x and I owned a business because of his abusive behavior I got a protective order and stepped out of the business on the consignment that he pay me a salary.
He has not. He filed a chapter 13 to get away from this.
He has told a trusty that he has closed the business. (after he has removed all of the equiptment and sold some and put the rest in his new business.)
Before he did this he took out outrages telephone adds and ran up bills that he wants the bankruptsy to cover. He has the lines all forwarded to his new business where he profits from the business that is generated.
my question is since I have the papers showing that I own the business too. can I present these to the phone company for them to furnish me the records of the phone numbers listed under those numbers?
He has market expansion lines that he is charged for each incoming call and that way I will be able to know what jobs are generated from that number.
If I have the right to get these records. How do you suggest that I present this to the phone company and to who in the phone company. Do I need an attorney to do it or is it possible to do this myself?
Do I send them a copy of the LLC with my name on it in the corrispondance?

T

Tracey

You need an attorney.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">