• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

partnership / contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rogershelden

hello
my name is roger shelden and I'm writing in regards to a partnership i've recently entered into.
it's a new baseball product which has stirred a lot of interest with the largest chain stores. There is absolutely no doubt that this will go big, costco alone has already committed to 30,000 units per month.
myself and one other person recently purchased 100% of the internet rights, splitting all sales 50%/50%. I’ve developed the web site along with registering all the URL’s.
now the other person which had gone in with me decided to round up investors to buy 100% of the product rights as well.
because of my confidence in that other persons business ability, i’ve decided to limit my involvement to the original internet rights.

here is the problem:
the other person has been over heard speaking with his new investors on how to get around my contract. The money that is flooding into this right now may be able to strong arm me in court.
japan is going to be a huge market with the main purchasing point being the website.

how do i cover myself from being squashed or cheated out of my exclusive internet rights contract.

i hope i’ve been able to explain the potential here and the worries i feel may come up.

thanks
roger shelden
[email protected]

L

loku

Contract protection

The best way to protect yourself is to be sure that your contract is well written, and the only way to know that is to hire a good contract lawyer to check it out. If the lawyer finds a weakness, hopefully he/she can advise you on how to proceed.

If there is a lot of money at stake, the other side will be hiring good legal talent and if you don't, you will be very vulnerable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">