• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passenger caused accident??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momzilla

What is the name of your state? Michigan
19 year old daughter driving 2 friends to the mall.
Passenger jerked the steering wheel and the car spun out across 2 lanes of traffic on the expressway. No one was hurt and only her car was damaged. Daughter received a careless driving ticket. She says she told the police officer about the friends' action.
We are just wondering what (if any) responsibility the friend has in this. Also, any time limit on taking action if any is available?
thank you for any advice.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Besides your daughter's oral statements concerning the facts, what other facts are there to prove your daughter's version?

IAAL

momzilla

there was a second passenger in the back seat. I don't know if she spoke with the police or what was said, if she did. Police report is available but we have not gotten a copy yet.

3 points and a $215 ticket seems alot to absorb if she doesn't have to bear it alone. (Not to mention the $500 deductible.)

thank you so much for any advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">