• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passenger of a car accident Driver of vehicle I was in found at fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Please provide some details in an additional post.. don’t bother quoting a previous post.. it’s seems to be causing confusion

I was passenger in a car accident the driver of vehicle I was in was found at fault according to police report. I live in Illinois. I went to er next day after accident and got an attorney. The attorney has me going to chiropractor twice a week so far for just 7 weeks. I filled out a loss wage form as well. I suffered whiplash severe headaches a back pain. I also have a possible sprained wrist will not know until follow up appointment. I want to know is my case winnable or am I waisting time. The driver insurance cover passenger to up to 20k

It's a little late to ask that, now that you have an attorney. But, no, you aren't wasting your time. Let your attorney do his job.

If that's not enough to cover your claim, you'll have to see if your Underinsured Motorists coverage will add to it.
What is uninsured motorist? And I do not feel like it’s to late to ask because wether I had an attorney or not I still wanted to know if missed days from work and several doctor visits within a while mother city will be worth the outcome rather if this is a case I could possibly lose. I was going to get an attorney no matter what due to the overall accident. I was in a crash either way it goes and was advised no matter what I decide to do make sure I get an attorney. I’m new to all of this and I figured you guys could help

adjusterjack

OK, I'll explain all that to you. But first answer the following questions:

1 - What did your driver do or not do that caused the accident?
2- Did he run a red light, run a stop sign, make a left in front of an oncoming car, pull out of a driveway in front of another car, rear-end somebody, change lanes? You get the idea. Be specific about the details. You were in the car, you saw what happened.
3 - If you have your own auto insurance policy, take it out of the drawer now and tell me what the limits are for Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists coverage.

I found your post on CityData where you added the following:

Icequeen0801;52782394 said:
I am the person I am female and yes according to er I have a whiplash and minor back injuries this is what I see chiropractor for and I go follow up on wrist in a week it was to soon for er to tell but attorney has me a doctor for this as well. I did not have to stop working completely because I have a desk job however I do have to now take of 2 work days each week for therapy
That's helpful.

But please stay off CityData as the people who respond are unlikely to be knowledgeable about injury claims.

Last edited:
The driver was turning right and another car smacked into my side on coming smacking our car into a pole causing pole to fall and air bags to pop

I had in seat belt so did driver. The police report say driver I was with was at fault although I do not feel this way. I have no insurance but I was passenger

I saw a Medical Doctor when I went to emergency room. They advised me to follow up after diagnosis with whiplash and back and wrist pain and the chiropractor is who attorney sent me to in order to follow up

Driver was making a turn between a paused traffic line at light when we turned in between the standing still traffic the other car from far right lane came smashing into us

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">