• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passing a school bus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

muffdiven

What is the name of your state? IL

This bus driver told the police that I passed a school bus while children were unloading. Which is a bunch of crap. So I was mailed a citation. How can I get ticket without the police giving me one. Also its her word against mine, will this hold up in court??

lwpat

The police did issue you a citation. It wasn't from the seven dwarves. The testimony of a bus driver is sufficient to find you guilty.

If you are not guilty then contest the ticket and each of you will have to testify. The outcome will depend on which one the judge believes. This is a very serious offense. If you are not guilty then you need to do everything possible to keep it off your MVR.

M

muffdiven

I can't see how you can actually be found guilty because of a school bus drivers assumption that you passed a school bus. How can you convict me when there really is no proof??? Just because someone says something does not mean its true....

M

muffdiven

Furthermore-

So I could do this upon my worst enemy....No proof, no conviction

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">