• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passing Bad Checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Ohio

Ok here is my problem back in 2003 i wrote a check to a car dealership in the amount of 3600.00. they hold the check fot 30 days in order for you to get the monsy and then they deposit your check. they guarantee your check through cross check which is located in california. well the check was dishonored and they got their money from cross check because they guaranteed it. needless to say that they came after me for the check and i told them i would pay it i just need to make payments on it. they refused and said i had to pay it all in full because they were not a loan company. And did not charge interest. finally i just gave up and sent them some money to show good faith to pay (50.00) it took them 2 months but they finally cashed it. I recieved a statement from them with a new balance including interest but not my payment. regardless i have not sent them money since then and not have heard a word from them since then. i was wondering if there is a statue of limitations on passing bad checks in the state of ohio and should they have let me at least try to pay it. it was aug of 2003.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential