• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maia71

Atlanta Georgia
Hello
I am 16 years old US sitizen by birth. my passport application has been denided, because my mother (she is single mom) can not proof her name change. why do i have to suffer and stay in a foreign country whit out education, medicall atention and comunication? my passport expired olmost 2 years a go. if my mom can not prove her name change does it means that we have to stay here 2 more years befor my 18th birthday? is that how law works?
thanks

maia71

there was a revolution in her country in 2004. my mother change her name in 1993 and after. when she tried to search for her name change docs the sivil registry in her city replied that in 2004 all the documents which was issued 1991 to 1996 was considered illegal and they distroed all the archives. not only name change archives but old passports too.
thanks for asking

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Atlanta Georgia
Hello
I am 16 years old US sitizen by birth. my passport application has been denided, because my mother (she is single mom) can not proof her name change. why do i have to suffer and stay in a foreign country whit out education, medicall atention and comunication? my passport expired olmost 2 years a go. if my mom can not prove her name change does it means that we have to stay here 2 more years befor my 18th birthday? is that how law works?
thanks
Are you presently in the US? If so, what "foreign country" are you referring to?

If you ARE in the US, take your passport to the local passport agency (usually the post office) and ask for it to be renewed.
If you are NOT in the US, go to the nearest US Consulate/Embassy and do the same.

However, don't expect to be able to travel by yourself...

maia71

Dear Zigner

We are in Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan. olmost 2 ears a go we planed to go to China, my mother is an English teacher and she had a contract job there. We applied anf fill up the application in the US embassy but:

It is outrageous when the consul does not even belive in oficially twice issued passports for me, birth certificate presented as original and anything you just present to him. It seems he is just decided to ingnore everything only for one reason that my mom cannot provide her name change document. WE are stuck in this country with my expired passport. Therefore, mom decided to finally take the DNA test and pay for it (court acceptable involving 3rd party as embassy) but the consul does not even wants to hear about it. Does he have rights to ignore the whole situation, neglect any chances to help me? I stay without any document in the foreign country.
Is not anybody out there???????????????
Thanks so much for your warm reply

maia71

Dear Zigner

We are in Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan. olmost 2 ears a go we planed to go to China, my mother is an English teacher and she had a contract job there. We applied anf fill up the application in the US embassy but:

It is outrageous when the consul does not even belive in oficially twice issued passports for me, birth certificate presented as original and anything you just present to him. It seems he is just decided to ingnore everything only for one reason that my mom cannot provide her name change document. WE are stuck in this country with my expired passport. Therefore, mom decided to finally take the DNA test and pay for it (court acceptable involving 3rd party as embassy) but the consul does not even wants to hear about it. Does he have rights to ignore the whole situation, neglect any chances to help me? I stay without any document in the foreign country.
Is not anybody out there???????????????
Thanks so much for your warm reply

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">