• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

past DV with ex, never considered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

navajostar

i suffered emotional, physical, and mental abuse from my ex. i left him after our last major incident. he was charged and i filed for a restraining order. about 1 month, i'm assuming when he got served with papers that he had to go to a restraining order hearing, he filed for custody of our son. my son was always there during all the fights, sometimes my parents were there and they took our son away from the situation and locked themselves in their room. we didn't have a phone, so usually neighbors heard and called the police. i made a few 911 calls, but the cheif of police can't seem to find any reports regarding the calls. in custody court i was unaware that my tribe could have intervened and have the case moved to tribal courts. i also found out that, the courts were supposed to take into consideration that DV was committed. it has been 4 years now, and i have complied with all visitations, but now i live in another state(posted question in child custody section). the court who has jurisdiction is NM, should i provide the judge with evidence that DV occured before the custody issue? i have a contempt of court hearing on 1-4-01.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">