• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Past job settled union contract without retro pay for those who left...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robnitro

What is the name of your state? New York
I worked at an employer from 2007-2015 in a job that was out of contract since 2006.
They are settling a contract now in 2018 for the period of 2006- 2020.
They specified that only active and retiree employees get the retro pay.

This is a bit stupid to specify in a contract. I have had 2 past jobs that settled after I left and still got retro pay because I worked those hours and was a paying union dues member.
Is there any recourse to get the retro pay or a portion of it? I have 2 other ex employees that left around the same time that I did and are also interested in pursuing this matter.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There isn't any law that's going to force them to give you retro pay, as retro pay is not required by law to begin with. If the contract says you get it, you do; if it says you don't get it you don't. There's nothing to pursue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">