• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Patent catch 22...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lovely_chap

Hi.

I have an idea for a patent, yet the problem is that I can't implement it on my own, or even write the patent application, without a computer engineer. And in order for my engineer to implement my patent, he would have to know what my patent is. Yet I don't know any computer engineer I can trust. How can I protect my patent by law before applying for the patent?

Thanks in advance,
Myself.

P.S. I live in the UK and I want to apply for a patent here.

divgradcurl

Hi.

I have an idea for a patent, yet the problem is that I can't implement it on my own, or even write the patent application, without a computer engineer. And in order for my engineer to implement my patent, he would have to know what my patent is. Yet I don't know any computer engineer I can trust. How can I protect my patent by law before applying for the patent?

Thanks in advance,
Myself.

P.S. I live in the UK and I want to apply for a patent here.
U.S. Law Only.

Find a UK patent agent or attorney to help you out.

xylene

I believe the poster means in the USA by here.

Either way the answer stands. Get a lawyer to draft an agreement to protect your idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">