• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paternity and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in ohio and my husband has a 12yr. old daughter who was born while he was in jail for 5 years. He signed the birth certificate while in jail. He has always wondered whether or not she is biologically his. In 1996, he was ordered to start paying child support. Just recently his order of support was increased to a huge amount because mom is back on welfare. He wants to have a paternity test done to find out once and for all is she is his daughter. if he does it and it comes back that he is not the father will he still have to pay child support. would like some opinions before he makes a decision



depending on state law he can contest paternity and if it comes back that he is not the father he has to have his named removed off the birth certificate and contest the child support. if he does not remove his name then regardless as to what the test says he is considered the father

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential