• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paternity/support case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RedHearts101

There is a upcoming paternity test and support case in Jan. and Feb. 2020. The father has not be involved since day 1. The child is now 3 years old. I would give him text message updates and pictures of the child. He was talking in the beginning about knowing he was the father and attended 2 ultrasound appointments in the past. He now requested DNA testing today at the support conference. My question is If I wanted to move out of state 12 hours away would I be able to? This state is Pennsylvania

Just Blue

There is a upcoming paternity test and support case in Jan. and Feb. 2020. The father has not be involved since day 1. The child is now 3 years old. I would give him text message updates and pictures of the child. He was talking in the beginning about knowing he was the father and attended 2 ultrasound appointments in the past. He now requested DNA testing today at the support conference. My question is If I wanted to move out of state 12 hours away would I be able to? This state is Pennsylvania
If there are no custody orders you may move....Dad may go to court to file for the return of his child.

LdiJ

Once he is legally established as the father and has court orders for child support and parenting time you would not be able to move any substantial distance without either his agreement or a judge ordering that you can do so even if he doesn't agree.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Which is well within his rights and is advisable to any man unmarried to the child's mother. Having said that....

Whether via DNA test or otherwise (default by court order, such as for support...), once declared the father, he is within his rights to file for (a) parenting time and (b) the child not be moved out of state. Of course, he could have filed to establish paternity at any time, but if you had planned to move with the child prior to filing for support? You poked the sleeping bear. Congrats. I wouldn't make firm plans to move just yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">