• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

patient confidentiality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kenya

my cousin found out that she had STD few hours before her baby was born & had to have a c-section because of it & she delivered at the hospital she worked at where one of her co-workers had to be in operating rm for the surgery as part of her job so she found out that my cousin was having c-section because of STD.While my cousin was on maternity leave her boss called her informing her that the co-worker has told few people about the STD and she will be fired.my cousin was not able to go back to work out of shame & didn't work for one year & took a diff. kind of work after a year.Her attorney is a criminal one & to my opinion doesn't what he is doing & wants to settle for $12500 after one deposition with my cousin.The hospital is not representing the co-worker & she apparently does not have any assets.Is the amount reasonable or she should go for trial which I think she will be able to get more money because jury will feel her pain & sufferings. what do you think?

ALawyer

If you have doubts, have her ask a second local lawyer. You really have to be on the scene to estimate what is low and what is high. In the Bronx, NY it could be low, while in many other places it would be incredibly high.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">