• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paul Manafort

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Now, we need the link to see this "white collar" prosecutions are reduced because of Trump's focus on immigration and we're there as a general matter. To make it relevant to this thread we might need the additional step to show how "white collar" prosecutions have been cleaning up the swamp and rolling up guys like Manafort who did not make the error of being associated with Trump before any focus on immigration took place.
There has been a steady decline in white-collar crime prosecutions since 2011.

Why your interest, Whoops? The question asked by the original poster was already answered. Is this another thread you are looking to turn into a debate thread?

Whoops2u

So, are you backing off the claim we have less "white collar" prosecutions because of a focus on immigration? I assumed you were trying to link it to my statement we were not EVER prosecuting guys like Manafort since you quoted my statement in your reply. Is there some relationship between your statement and Manafort or other fixers?

If I wanted to do the same and make some wild guess as to the reason for the reduction, I might go for the legalization/regulation of cannabis and Rorabacher/Farr for why the numbers have been dropping. There might not be less federal crimes, its just some of them cannot have DOJ resources to prosecute. (Which puts a damper on federal prosecution.)

quincy

I am not "backing off" anything. Please reread what I earlier wrote.

If you want to argue with me, however, Whoops, please take it to private message. Thanks.

On the board, we answer posters' questions. The poster's question has been answered.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">