• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pay for medical waiver?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluedaze

What is the name of your state?I'm in Georgia. Hired by a company at low end of salary scale, with agreement to increase my salary at the end of three months of satisfactory work. Also, I declined their medical insurance as I am covered under my husband's plan. It was my understanding that I would receive compensation for the medical waiver, but now the employer says they will increase my salary by $3000 (top pay) at the end of three months, but nothing for the medical waiver. Everyone else in the office receives their medical coverage at the tune of $5000 a year. Must this company compensate me for the medical waiver? I guess they don't think they need to, if they are giving me top pay for my position. But am I not entitled to the same fringe benefits of everyone else there?

Beth3

Must this company compensate me for the medical waiver? No. An employer has no obligation to give you money in lieu of benefits.

I guess they don't think they need to, if they are giving me top pay for my position. But am I not entitled to the same fringe benefits of everyone else there? You are entitled to the same fringe benefit options as everyone else, which is to either accept or decline coverage. Period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">