• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying child support but paternity in question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


helpless in fl

i reside in palm beach county, florida. last year my husband was ordered to pay child support on a two year old child he believed to have fathered. at the time of birth he signed the birth certificate, but now there is reason to believe that he isn't the father of this child. is there any way to have a paternity test done. if the tests prove that he isn't the father of this child is there any way to have his name removed from the birth certificate and have him taking off of child support.


Senior Member
there is a time limit on contesting paternity. my links are down right so i can't help on the time frame.

some states it's 2, others it is 4 years.

if he doesn't contest it within the time frame he is basically out of luck. in the eyes of the court - he will be the father - bio or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential