• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying child support for 2nd child diff marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? florida

Me and my wife are currently seperated and have decided to get a divorce. we have agreed that she will be filing for childsupport. I am currently paying childsupport for a child from my first marriage. I have 2 questions. 1 how will what my current wife gets be determined. and I have been wanting to take my ex back to court to have a review done of of our child support amount. I make a lot less than I did when we originally went and she makes a lot more. She actually makes more than I do. I currently have 87% financial respons. and she has the rest. If my I do decide to request a review will they take into account the child support i am going to be paying for my second child. and how much can they take for the both of them?
Last edited:


Senior Member
run a child support calculator for FL

this one is very good


They will take your payments for your 1st child into account when calculating your 2nd childs CS, yes. You must bring a copy of that order or proof of payments when you go to court however.

If your 1st ex wife is making more now, I would file for a modification. You might not get a decrease because you are making less, but you will if she is making more.

If you file for a mod and its not finished by the time you go for CS on your 2nd wife I dont think they will consider it, they only go by the current court order, not pending ones.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential