• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying child support to an illegal immigrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM0nEy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

Back in 1999 I married an illegal alien woman and we had a child born to us in 2000. In 2001 she left the USA with my son and stayed in Mexico for an unknown amount of time. I was against this but my being incarcerated at the time, I could not do anything to stop her. Recently I received a court order to pay child support to her for my son and 2 other children she had while away. I submitted to dna testing and the outcome was 99.8 percent probable that I was not the father of the 2 other children. The state seeking child support and reimbursement for state support was California. Before any ruling was made, I received another notification for a child support order and repayment from the state of Washington. I assume she now resides in Washington with my child and I was ordered to pay 318 a month in child support and to repay the state assistance she sought in both California and Washington. I have not seen my child since he was 1 year old when she took him out of the country. I am at a loss here and I would like to know what my options are. I have asked for contact information and the dcs refuses to give any information. I would like to have custody of my child but what gets me is how can an illegal alien receive child support from a U.S. citizen, use a fake identification to work and draw state assistance? What are my options here? I feel I have been wronged right from the start when she took him out of the United States without my permission and then she sneaks back in and nails me for child support. Needless to say I am paying a higher percentage of the support because she doesn't show as a working citizen and only is considered to have a minimum wage job since she isn't working under her real name. I also assume she is claiming more dependants than what she really has because I work with many illegals and thats what they do to decrease the amount of taxes withheld from their wages. How would I go about having her deported if I chose to do so? What laws are being broken by her doing what she is and has done? What are the chances I will get custody of my child? :(

candg918

When you married an illegal alien, you voluntarily signed on for a lot of problems. International child abduction should have been expected. You knew she could not work legally, and you would be responsible for the support of the household.

You can file for custody. You can report her to ICE.

You will get better answers to your questions in the family law section of the forum.

GM0nEy

oh

I think I already know that I signed on to a big mess! What I need are some answers to my questions, not someone telling me the obvious... I mean don't you think I know I signed up for a mess already after what I posted? I'm asking for answers to my problems not criticism.. thanks! :rolleyes:

Proserpina

I think I already know that I signed on to a big mess! What I need are some answers to my questions, not someone telling me the obvious... I mean don't you think I know I signed up for a mess already after what I posted? I'm asking for answers to my problems not criticism.. thanks! :rolleyes:

You would do well to drop the attitude. Cand gave you perfectly valid advice.

Now, when did you last see your child?

How often have you seen your child?

Do you think that your child shouldn't be supported?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Talk about the whole stone throwing in glass houses thing. YOU MARRIED HER. You are STILL married to her (I see no mention of a divorce). LEGALLY, all of the children she has are "yours".

Don't knock the way she does things, since you agreed to help her out many moons ago...

candg918

Please post your custody and support questions in the proper forums. There are very knowledgeable people there who are not likely to view your posts here. You have many issues. The best advice you can receive is where you should go for in person assistance.

Good luck! I really feel sorry for your situation - even though it is of your own making.

Lexxi2006

You should first try to find your child and go to court to at least ask for visitation. Forget your ex-wife and establish a relationship with him. As horrible as you think his mother is, she is the only one he knows and I don't think any judge will take him away from her and hand him to someone who has been incarcerated (your admission) . Stop complaining and pay the child support , for all the years you were away.

GM0nEy

umm

for all the years I was away? More like for all the years she took him from me and disappeared with him. Who said I was complaining about paying child support? My issue is that I can't see my son and the illegal stuff she is doing. Amazing thats all you have to say to me is to not complain and pay my child support but gee um who cares if she bounces from state to state racking up all this state assistance for me to pay back for children that aren't mine, kidnaps my child to another country and most obvious, entering the U.S. illegally. I was incarcerated yes but she is a flight risk meaning she can be deported at any time and then who will care for my child. Me being incarcerated does not mean I am a bad father. If I did half the things she is doing, I would spend a whole lot more time in jail that what I did. So basically you think the child should stay with her because she hasn't gotten caught?

Last edited:

GM0nEy

Talk about the whole stone throwing in glass houses thing. YOU MARRIED HER. You are STILL married to her (I see no mention of a divorce). LEGALLY, all of the children she has are "yours".

Don't knock the way she does things, since you agreed to help her out many moons ago...
Thats right, many moons ago but point is you don't marry someone so they can run away with your child and leave you paying child support for a child you cannot see. That was not the person I agreed to marry. Most people get married to be a family. Still yet I need someone to answer my questions. ICE has many departments.... which one? Also someone made mention that I might get all 3 kids. Is this really true? I'm not their natural father and I do know at least one of their fathers was living in Mexico. Not sure if the last child was his too but sure it was the second childs father. They might be citizens or not, I'm not quite sure.

Proserpina

Frankly I think there's more chance the child, if removed from Mom's care, would become a ward of the State rather than being placed with Dad.

The State won't remove the child simply because Mom is illegal.

GM0nEy

Frankly I think there's more chance the child, if removed from Mom's care, would become a ward of the State rather than being placed with Dad.

The State won't remove the child simply because Mom is illegal.
Are you kidding me? And you base this on what? Or are you just a little butt hurt about something somebody did to you in your past. You don't even know why I was incarcerated and I can tell you straight up that you aren't an expert on illegal aliens. Simply because mom is illegal means she goes back to Mexico and the child is left without a parent. I really think you have some sort of grudge against the fathers in situations like these. Fathers have rights too! :mad:

Proserpina

Are you kidding me? And you base this on what? Or are you just a little butt hurt about something somebody did to you in your past. You don't even know why I was incarcerated and I can tell you straight up that you aren't an expert on illegal aliens. Simply because mom is illegal means she goes back to Mexico and the child is left without a parent. I really think you have some sort of grudge against the fathers in situations like these. Fathers have rights too! :mad:

Um....dude?

You just lost any chance you had of being helped further.

Go pay an attorney to tell you what you want to hear, sweetheart.

GM0nEy

Um....dude?

You just lost any chance you had of being helped further.

Go pay an attorney to tell you what you want to hear, sweetheart.
lol you mean to tell me what you posted was help? more like discouragement to me telling me that you think the state would take him away or he would remain with his mother and for me to quit complaining about child support and just pay for the time I was away. really? Tell me you helped me by posting that. I ask which department of ICE to contact and this is all I get from you? lol you must be mad at someone who owes you child support or some man who left you or something. Go vent on somebody else because I have enough problems of my own thank you.

Proserpina

lol you mean to tell me what you posted was help? more like discouragement to me telling me that you think the state would take him away or he would remain with his mother and for me to quit complaining about child support and just pay for the time I was away. really? Tell me you helped me by posting that. I ask which department of ICE to contact and this is all I get from you? lol you must be mad at someone who owes you child support or some man who left you or something. Go vent on somebody else because I have enough problems of my own thank you.

The irony is that I'm one of the relatively few people here who have the ability to help you with immigration matters. I made a very simple statement based purely on the information you initially shared. There was no personal attack yet you chose to react as if it were.

Your absolutely uncalled-for rudeness was completely out of line.

Go pay an attorney.

Ta-ta!

GM0nEy

The irony is that I'm one of the relatively few people here who have the ability to help you with immigration matters. I made a very simple statement based purely on the information you initially shared. There was no personal attack yet you chose to react as if it were.

Your absolutely uncalled-for rudeness was completely out of line.

Go pay an attorney.

Ta-ta!
my point proven again. you think you are the ONLY one who can help me and you immediately became one sided in this issue without even questioning me further. maybe you should post a thread about the issue you are having so you can vent a little eh? I know for a fact it is more than me because you were completely one sided right from your first reply. Isn't it ironic that you keep saying goodbye yet you come back every day to this thread to toss a little more dirt? If you were trying to help at all you would answer my questions but you don't. Put yourself in my shoes and reread your first post. As I said before... Fathers have rights too! Which you obviously disagree with for some unknown reason. But seriously if you are the only one who is going to help me then I see no sense in coming back here to get a selfish, sexist reply. FATHERS HAVE RIGHTS TOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">