• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying child support while injured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imthetlong

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tennessee

I was injured in a motorcycle wreck in july and was out of work for 2 months. i know i have to pay some support cause i got short trem dissablity, but can they may me pay the full amount since i wasnt making as much while out of work?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tennessee

I was injured in a motorcycle wreck in july and was out of work for 2 months. i know i have to pay some support cause i got short trem dissablity, but can they may me pay the full amount since i wasnt making as much while out of work?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Yes, they absolutely can. You are required to pay the full amount you are ordered to pay, until or unless a court modifies the amount.

imthetlong

i know

i know that im required to pay support but i was wanting to know if i could not work for them 2 months would they make me pay the full amount?

Gracie3787

i know that im required to pay support but i was wanting to know if i could not work for them 2 months would they make me pay the full amount?
You need to file for a modification ASAP. When an injury or illness prevents a NCP from working for a time, the court can issue a temp reduction in payments. You need to file right away because you'll have to pay the full amount until the court modifies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">