• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying for cancelled insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shan tien

I live in Colorado.

My husband just changed jobs. In the interum, he was using a Cobra plan. While he was waiting for the insurance from his new job to kick in, he had to go to the hospital for several days. This was 2 months ago. Now, the new insurance plan has started. However the Cobra plan is responsible for paying for the hospital bills. We cancelled the Cobra plan when the new insurance kicked in, but I keep getting bills from them. They told me that I had to keep paying for their insurance while they were paying for the hospital bills. I asked them how long it would take for them to pay and the lady told me she can't tell. So now we are being forced to pay for two sets of insurance as well as mounting medical bills from the parts that the insurance company is refusing to pay. Is this legal? Can they force us to continue to pay for insurance until they get around to paying the hospital bill?

Last edited:

C

CIAA

No...... tell her to tell you the specific policy language that requires this and listen for a choking sound.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">