• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying for damage that someone else was already paid for by insurance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My husband fell asleep at the wheel of his parents van when he was 17. He hit a light pole (Wisconsin) and knocked it down. This happened in Aug. of 1998. His mom received payment for the pole ($1000.) and did not pay the utility co. (spent it) and today we found out my husbands license has been revoked for nonpayment of the light pole and we didn't know about any court dates ( Mar 2000) so we did not attend. We live in a different county than his mom and she has not forwarded any of this information to us. He is now 20 years old and the utility co. is after us to pay for the pole. Since he was under age when it happened and covered by his parents insurance what do we do? We have a new baby on the way and cannot afford this bill. Please help!!! Would it help to go to the insurance co. to get proof of payment to his mom? Thank you for your help! momscar



He drove, he was insured, he should have paid. Not an excuse that his mother didn't pay.

He should be man enough now that he is a father to own up and be done with it. http://www.attorneypages.com

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential