• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying Lawyer fee for Visitation Changes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

feasterville

What is the name of your state? Maine / Colorado

I live in Maine ex is in colorado, i took her to court to modify visitations am i liable to pay her attorney fees, even though she was the one who moved? And I don't even have an attorney?

Is there anything i can say or do to not be liable for this?

F

feasterville

It's not a win lose situtaion, it's modify...we are modifying visitations and child support and going over a health insurance issue so does that still apply? am i liable for her lawyer fees?

haiku

yes, how it works is, if a person bringing the modification "wins" they CAN ask for the "loser" to pay.

vice versa, it can also be asked that they pay, if what they ask for is not "won"

F

feasterville

Great thanks!!!!

where there's 3 issues here i believe i will win 2 of the three....the one i worry is child support, i want the judge to consider my traveling expenses to see my children so he can fixed my child support to accomdate that....

thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">